Ready in: 15 minutes, plus 2 hours chilling
Makes: 16 squares
– 350g milk chocolate
– 50g butter
– 150g rich tea biscuits
– 50g walnut pieces
– 50g Thompson raisins
– 70g glacé cherries, halved
1. Grease a 20cm square shallow baking tin; line with baking parchment.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave on a low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring after the first minute. Don’t overheat or chocolate will seize.
3. Put the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, leaving some chunks. Add the walnuts, raisins, cherries and biscuits to the melted chocolate. Stir well to combine then tip into the prepared tin, pressing down the surface with the back of a spoon.
4. Leave in the fridge for about 2 hours to set, then remove the cake from the tin using the baking parchment and cut into 16 squares.
Per serving: 225 calories, 3g protein, 23.7g carbohydrates, 18.7g sugar, 12.8g fat (6.4g saturated), 1.4g fibre, 0.19g salt.