Hearty without leaving you feeling stuffed, this tortilla is a fun way to feed friends and is quick and easy to make
600g new potatoes
150g fresh garden peas
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
5 medium eggs, beaten
1 handful fresh mint, chopped, plus a few whole leaves to garnish
Ready in: 40 mins
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain, refresh under cold running water, then thickly slice.
2. Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a 28cm ovenproof frying pan and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden.
4. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, then spoon the mixture into a large bowl and leave to cool.
5. Add the eggs, peas, potatoes and mint to the bowl, and season.
6. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper, add the remaining oil and place it over a medium heat until hot, then carefully pour in the egg mixture.
7. Push the potatoes around in the pan to even them out, then cook for 4-5 minutes. The tortilla should be almost set.
8. Place the pan under a hot grill until the tortilla is golden and set.
9. Garnish with mint leaves, cut into wedges and serve with salad.